Ticks : All Year Lasting Dangerexotire
Ticks : All Year Lasting Danger
Many pet owners have a question whether they should really provide their cat or dog flea/tick medicine throughout the Year. Ticks are not just a spring and summer problem, instead you might be surprised to know that they can be found all year round. Some ticks develops a type of anti-freeze glyco-protein to survive even in severe cold climate. Ticks can spread diseases like Lyme disease, Ehrlichiosis, Anaplasmosis, Tularemia and Babesia.
Vets suggest all year flea and tick treatment, some fun facts :-
- Fleas can survive in temperatures as low as 33 degrees.
- Flea eggs can live year round in crawl spaces.
- Ticks are more active in the late summer and early fall.
Signs and symptoms of tick-borne illness
- A painful gait
- Swollen joints
- Swollen lymph nodes
Many tick-borne diseases doesn’t show any signs or may take few months in symptoms development.
Follow these tips to protect dogs from tick borne illnesses :-
- Thoroughly check for ticks, if you walk with your pet outside on a regular basis. Consider removing it immediately if found any.
- Consider tests annually since many tick-borne disease shows no symptoms of illness.
- Use preventives if you live in areas where ticks are active.